in conjunction with G·E·T Educational Tours (licence no. 30137) – since 2008
Next tour: Tuesday 20 September to Monday 26 September 2016
- Join a small group (no more than 8 participants) that will lead you through the bustle of New York to street art, public art, artist-run spaces and studios.
- We will take you behind the scenes of New York's remarkable art community, introducing you directly to the creators.
- This is more than art exploration: it encompasses culture, food, adventure!
How? Your tour guide, Melbourne art consultant Bernadette Alibrando (who conducts walk to art tours in Melbourne and Venice), will immerse you in the cultural life of Brooklyn, Long Island City and, of course, Manhattan.
- Participants receive a box of postcards revealing the unique meeting place and instructions for each day of the tour.
- The group meets daily to discover art and great places before stopping for an afternoon wine.
- There is ample time to rest, shop and take in the many charms of the city that never sleeps.
Why? You may be:
- in need of a creative break to help you discover the artist within
- an educator wanting to refresh your knowledge of contemporary art
- an artist wishing to connect to the New York art scene
- someone who wants to explore the wealth of treasures that make this city so special.
Blog: Read about the tour in the walk to art blog
Testimonial: "I absolutely loved every minute of the tour, it was such a privilege to be able to see New York in a different perspective." (read more)
When: Tuesday 20 September to Monday 26 September 2016 (6 nights)
Price (per person, in Australian dollars): To be announced
- accommodation at Hotel Le Jolie, in Brooklyn (6 nights, daily breakfast)
- 6 unique afternoon walking tours of New York's cutting-edge art community
Not included: Meals other than those specified, items of a personal nature, airfares, airport levies and taxes, travel insurance
Reservations: Information to be announced
For details, please contact walk to art, using the online form below or by telephone or email (view contact details).
Any questions? Please contact walk to art.