in conjunction with G·E·T Educational Tours (licence no. 30137) – since 2008
- Join a small group (no more than 8 participants) that will lead you through the bustle of New York to street art, public art, artist-run spaces and studios.
- We will take you behind the scenes of New York's remarkable art community, introducing you directly to the creators.
- This is more than art exploration: it encompasses culture, food, adventure!
How? Your tour guide, Melbourne art consultant Bernadette Alibrando (who conducts walk to art tours in Melbourne and Venice), will immerse you in the cultural life of Brooklyn, Long Island City and, of course, Manhattan. Bernadette nurtured her love of the Big Apple while working in the city's fine art photographic gallery Silverstein Photography.
- Participants receive a box of postcards revealing the unique meeting place and instructions for each day of the tour.
- The group meets daily at 2pm and stroll for 3 hours before stopping for an hour of gourmet treats and wine.
- There is ample time to rest, shop and take in the many charms of the city that never sleeps.
Why? You may be:
- in need of a creative break to help you discover the artist within
- an educator wanting to refresh your knowledge of contemporary art
- an artist wishing to connect to the New York art scene
- someone who wants to explore the wealth of treasures that make this city so special.
Blog: Read about the tour in the walk to art blog
Testimonial: "I absolutely loved every minute of the tour, it was such a privilege to be able to see New York in a different perspective." (read more)
When: Saturday 24 May 2014 to Sunday 1 June 2014 (8 nights)
Price (per person, in Australian dollars): $2,800 (twin share); $3,700 (single) – costs are subject to currency fluctuations and seasonality changes for 2014
- accommodation at Hotel Le Jolie (8 nights, daily breakfast)
- 6 unique afternoon walking tours of New York's cutting-edge art community: Sunday 25 May (optional), Monday 26 May, Tuesday 27 May, Wednesday 28 May, Thursday 29 May and Friday 30 May
Not included: meals other than those specified, items of a personal nature, airfares, airport levies and taxes, travel insurance
Reservations: To secure a position, a non-refundable deposit of $500 per participant is required (the final payment is due at the end of April 2014).
For details, please contact walk to art, using the online form below or by telephone or email (view contact details).
Any questions? Please contact walk to art.